Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Having A Blast With Our Baby Boy!!

At this point I’m not even sure why I have a blog if I’m only going to be updating it every 2 months (even though I’m trying to slow down enough to make time)!

Believe it or not, we have now been home for a month with our baby Simeon. I can’t even describe how much joy and love he has brought into our lives. God has blessed us beyond words and I can’t believe He chose us to parent this incredible little buddy. I was smitten before I ever met him and now he has us both thoroughly wrapped around his tiny little fingers.

It seems impossible, but after all of the gut-wrenching time of waiting for the moment we could finally get on a plane (or four) and show up in his hometown of Kolkata to pick him up, the severity of the pain has almost been forgotten somehow now that he is here. Before we left I told Amy that anyone who said you’d forget the pain is ridiculous. The wait was probably the most difficult time of our lives. However, it now truly feels like a distant memory.

There is so much that I could write about. Like how he says NANA when he is hungry, to how he is taking a few steps now and trying to walk, to how he has learned to wave and copy our actions, to how great it feels when he wakes up in the morning and peers over the side of his pack and play and makes whining sounds until I wake up and put him in the bed with us. I could write a book about our trip to India (which isn’t out of the question). However, for now I’ll just say how thankful and blessed I feel. I already have the greatest wife in the world and now I have the most incredible little boy, straight from the heart of God.

We are having a blast!!!

1 comment:

Peter and Nancy said...

Happy first Father's Day, Clint!

I know what you mean about not believing you could forget the pain of waiting . . . but it's true! I remember crying and praying, etc. but it truly does all melt away once you have your baby home.

I'm glad you're both enjoying him so much. He's gorgeous!
-- Nancy